Thursday 25 October 2012

Anybody out there?

Hi Folks,

I would like to offer my most sincere apologies to anyone who is still interested in this site, or cares even a minuscule amount about what I have to say, for the lack of posts recently. Events and changes in my life have meant that I've had absolutely no time for the blog at all in the past couple of months or so. I've been meaning and desperately trying to rectify that for a long time, but alas, time management has not been on my side.

But never fear! I'm about to begin operating under the premise that I can update the site as much as I possibly can. Mostly it'll be for my own amusement, as it always has been. I initially only set this site up because I adore music and writing about it, and as a platform for myself for any (at the time) prominent future plans. The fact that people actually read this thing (or did it read) was flattering, somewhat shocking and a bit of an added bonus. That's not to say I don't want to cater to anyone who reads what I write; I'm immensely pleased that anybody reads it at all. But at its central form, this is quite a narcissistic exercise.

I've devised numerous upcoming things for the site, which includes long overdue album reviews from various artists, and now the inclusion of a spontaneous genre- orientated mix series via spotify, analyses of new tracks and the new inclusion of any new films I see or gigs I go and watch. I may extend the expanding literal sphere to include novels as well, although they won't necessarily be new.

Here's a program for what I've got planned for the next couple of weeks or so:

Album reviews:
Tame Impala- Lonerism
Kendrick Lamar- Good Kid, Maaad City
Efterklang- Piramida
Liars- WIXIW
Ivy Dye- Lyme Times EP

Film Reviews
Taken 2

New Sound Explorations
Palma Violets- Last of the Summer Wine
Titus Andronicus- Still Life with Hot Deuce and Silver Platter

I hope to stick to this schedule as rigidly as possible, but there's no telling what mishaps may get in the way. I promise that the site's program will extend beyond this too, I just don't want to plan in so much detail that far ahead. It's a "we'll cross that bridge when we come to it" situation. Which is either a good thing or a bad thing, depending on your opinion. You're not wrong... An opinion is never wrong.

Anyway folks, that's all from me on this transmission. Is there anybody out there? If you're still reading and interested, thanks and praise. If not, that's fine too. It means I won't feel like too much of a disappointing wally if much of what I've got planned for the future never happens.

See you shortly, hopefully

Jack x


No comments:

Post a Comment