Thursday 12 September 2013

New Tracks: PW- Here With You

Young London rapper PW has released his new single "Here With You." It's a track that I can legitimately see being a big hit; it's poppy, light, and its stripped back but purposeful dancehall- inflected beat will go down well with those who like to Dance. However, I have to say that I don't enjoy the track in itself. It starts off with the poppy hook that's repeated as a chorus throughout the song, and the lyricism is distinctly cliched as PW raps "I want you to know, I think you're beautiful...". Lyrically the song is pretty cliched the whole way through, talking about heartache and romance in an openly- chart friendly and inoffensive manner. All that being said, the track is light, upbeat and catchy, and a perfect notion for those looking for feel good vibes rather than emotional and lyrical substance.


No comments:

Post a Comment