Monday 20 July 2015

Sharon Van Etten- I Don't Want To let You Down EP


Artist: Sharon Van Etten
Album: I Don't Want To Let You Down EP
Record Label: Jagjaguwar
Release Date: 8th June 2015

Lauded New York singer/songwriter's latest offering is fairly simplistic but briefly charming

Over the five track course of this EP Sharon Van Etten's songwriting may be distinctly simple but, like her full-lengths, it's not without sufficient charm. The basic soft-rock of the title track is a soulful highlight. 'Just like Blood' contains some cryptic and perhaps even sensual poeticisms, and the sleepy, eerie Warpaint-esque atmospherics of 'Pay My Debts' aid in it becoming the EP's stand-out track. It mostly feels like a release set in motion for die-hard Van Etten fans, and in that context it hardly puts a foot wrong. 


6/10

Key Tracks: 'Pay My Debts', 'I Don't Want To Let You Down'
For Fans Of: Radiohead, Warpaint

No comments:

Post a Comment